Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Keeping it real one more time.............

When I first moved to America nine years ago I had a blog. It was kind of my connection to the outside world and I made some friends from it too. Then facebook came along and I got bored with blogging. It was much easier to have contact on facebook. But I think facebook has taken away so much from people and that we fail to see that. We or at least I am to fearful to put too much about my family on there and you can't talk about the things you really want to talk about without offending people or come off as if you are bragging. People don't really care about what they are reading (ok maybe a handful of people but not the people you knew when you were 10)and in all honesty what you are reading is a mere moment of time in that persons life. So Sally had a starbucks today... well shit her life must be perfect... little does anyone no that the rest of Sally's day was crap!! We read what we want to read and we make mental images in our heads of their lives and our lives. Don't get me wrong I love technology and I liked be connected like that but it was taking away something from my life. It was taking away human contact. This is the way the world is turning now though and well I want off the ride for awhile. I can't say forever... I have a son going to college in a year and I want to be in contact with him however possibly and if he is on facebook then that's were I will be. By the way he totally left facebook a few weeks ago because he felt that it was distracting him from his studies. Maybe some adults need to leave facebook and realize that it is distracting them from their own lives.

So I am going to do some more reading and when I am on the computer I am going to learn something new each day instead of trolling facebook and reading about other peoples so called lives.

Carry on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment